Homebuyer’s Survey & Reports
The mortgage valuation report answers only the lender’s questions and is for their purposes only. Both the Consumers Association and Which Magazine recommend that you arrange for your own survey by your own surveyor. The Home Buyers Report is a cost effective service and provides you with peace of mind.
- A detailed inspection and survey of the building internally and externally including the services.
- The outside inspection also comments on the location and condition of boundaries and any outbuildings.
- Colour coded condition ratings in relation to urgency and repair.
- Legal issues that are referred to your solicitors.
- A Market Value and a re instatement cost for insurance purposes.
|Average time taken to survey property|
|Maintenance & repair advice|
|Traffic light coding system|
|Detailed advice for solictor|
|Highlights potential problems|
|Protects your investment|
The main purpose of the Homebuyers Report is to help you to make a reasoned and informed decision on whether to go ahead with buying the property, taking into account any repairs and what is a reasonable price to pay. It also helps you to budget, reveals hidden defects and can even be used to renegotiate the price. With Keates Hulme the surveyor will also go through the report with you on a one-to-one basis.
“The Homebuyer Report Service offered by Keates Hulme was amazing and exactly what we wanted we were impressed by the knowledge and thoroughness of the report and the overall approach. The report highlighted a number of issues and defects with the property and helped us to make an informed decision not to proceed with the purchase. We would certainly use your services again.”
– John Cooper